- April 25, 2015, 10 a.m. – Noon, MARP meeting,Ypsilanti Freighthouse, Depot Street, in the heart of Old Town Ypsilanti. Liz Treutel, Policy Associate for the Michigan Environmental Council will speak on Proposal 1, the May 5th ballot issue that will increase funding for Michigan’s transportation system. Click here for the meeting announcement.
- May 16, 2015, 10 a.m. – Noon, MARP meeting, Durand Union Station. This is during the 40th Annual Durand Railroad Days. The MARP meeting will feature Joseph M. Mishler presenting a history of the Flint and Holly Railroad, its economic impact on the area and the man that built it, Henry Howland Crapo. http://www.durandrailroaddays.com/
Check www.marp.org for additions and changes to this schedule.
MARP meetings are held in various places around the state in order to give everyone a chance to participate.
We post meetings announcements on the web with agenda information and travel information. We have archived meeting minutes so you can have a look at past topics covered.
MARP members also frequently set up a booth at festivals, train shows and other events to spread the word about passenger rail in Michigan. Click here for the schedule. Contact Chuck Merckel email@example.com , to volunteer for the next show. Thanks.
Two of MARP’s biggest outreach efforts are coming up in April and early May. Both are multi-day events and need more volunteers than do many of our events.
The 10th Annual Michigan Earth Day Fest takes place in Rochester MI at the City Center/Paint Creek Park on April 24-26. This huge celebration offers us a chance to meet with a different crowd than we see at train shows.
Although Amtrak will be celebrating trains this summer in a new way, National Train Day in Toledo will take place as usual on May 2. Co-leaders Steve Vagnozzi firstname.lastname@example.org and John Langdon email@example.com would like you to join Ron Leatz, Kathleen Newell, Robert Tischbein, Hugh Gurney, Larry Krieg, Doug Wilson, Robert Tobleck and Jim Hinkins in staffing the MARP table or serving as Car Hosts on the Amtrak Exhibit Train. This could be one of the most fun things you do this year!
If you would like to help with either of the above events or those listed below, please contact Chuck Merckel firstname.lastname@example.org 734-522-7329.
- Grand River Valley RR Club
April 11, 2015, 10 a.m.-3 pm
Home School Bldg.
April 11, 2015, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Gibraltar Trade Center,
237 N River Rd, Mt. Clemens
- Huron Modeler RR Show
April 25, 2015 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
701 McMorran Blvd, Port Huron MI
- Muskegon Railroad Historical Society Show
April 26, 2015, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
561 W Western Ave, Muskegon MI
- Mattawan Senior & Veterans Expo
May 11, 2015, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Antwerp Township Activity Center,
Contact: Warren Fritz email@example.com
- 40th Annual Durand Railroad Days
May 14-17, 2015
Saginaw Street in downtown Durand MI