• Aug. 29, 2015, Kalamazoo. This is an Executive Committee will meeting. There is no member meeting. For information, send email to email@example.com.
• Sept. 19, 2015, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Annual Meeting, Durand, Durand Union Station, 200 Railroad Street. Details, online registration and a registration form are HERE.
• October – Charlevoix. Check marp.org for more details.
• November – Former GTW Depot, Lansing. Check marp.org for more details.
• December – no meeting
MARP meetings are held in various places around the state in order to give everyone a chance to participate.
We post meetings announcements on the web with agenda information and travel information. We have archived meeting minutes so you can have a look at past topics covered.
• Aug. 19-20, 2015. 3rd Annual Michigan Rail Conference, Grand Rapids. Grand Valley State University. Check http://rail.mtu.edu/event/3rd-annual-michigan-rail-conference-0 for details
• Oct. 16-18. 2015. NARP Fall Council & Membership Meeting, Crowne Plaza at Union Station, 123 West Louisiana St, Indianapolis IN 46255. On-Line Registration at narprail.org/events/narp-fall-council-meeting/
• Oct. 17, 2015. 13th Michigan Railroad History Conference Lansing Community College, West Campus, Lansing MI. Features a keynote presentation by Kevin P. Keefe titled “Motor City Limited” — Long before Amtrak, the Detroit-Chicago Route Defined Fast, Competitive Corridor Service.” More information at MichiganRailroadHistory.org
MARP members also frequently set up a booth at festivals, train shows and other events to spread the word about passenger rail in Michigan. Click here for the schedule. Contact Chuck Merckel firstname.lastname@example.org , to volunteer for the next show. Thanks.