Celebrating its 10th year, the Michigan Rail Conference returns to the Upper Peninsula. Convening at Bay College in Escanaba, the conference opens with the traditional Student Scholarship Golf Outing and reception on August 1, continues with the main program on August 2, and winds up with field visits on August 3.
Highlights include of the program include:
- Peter Anastor (MDOT Office of Rail) will join Rick Harnish (High Speed Rail Alliance) and Brian Buchanan from WATCO to give us a Michigan update.
- Discussing next steps for PTC will be Amtrak’s Chris Jagodzinski, along with John Rickoff (Lake State Railway) and Rachel Klumpp (Canadian National).
- Amtrak’s Director of Host Railroads, Lizabeth Brubeck, will join Thomas Fryer (AB Rail) and Dan Schulte (Quandel Consultants) to speak about improving on-time-performance.
- A familiar face, Tim Hoeffner (now with Quandel Consulting), along with Nikkie Johnson (MDOT Passenger & Freight Development Manager), and Pasi Lautala (Michigan Tech Rail Program) will discuss funding opportunities in the infrastructure bill.
- FRA Deputy Administrator Jennifer Mitchell is the keynote speaker.
The Conference is a “hybrid” affair this year — you can attend in person or virtually.