Topics to be covered:
This meeting will be held on three issues of importance to railroad enthusiasts:
- The photography policy
- Locomotives and passenger cars
- The future of the long-distance passenger train
Several MARP members will be in attendance, including our Chairman, John DeLora, to ask some very important questions.
Our Chairman plans to ask about the following:
· Getting the Horizon equipment out of the Midwest ASAP and getting permanent replacement equipment for it on order ASAP.
· Restoring baggage service on the Detroit route. It’s the number one complaint I hear from travelers.
· Having food and beverage service available by the time westbound trains arrive in Detroit.
If you have additional topics you would like our MARP leaders to cover at the meeting please send your thoughts to John at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in attending, this meeting is available to the first 300 guests who pre-register in advance. If you are interested in attending this event please go to the Trains Magazine website: http://www.trains.com/trn/default.aspx?c=a&id=5979
Important: This event is open to only the first 300 registrants. Once that limit is reached no additional attendees will be accepted.
9:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
Saturday, March 6, 2010
Merchandise Mart Conference Center,
222 Merchandise Mart Plaza, Chicago 60654
A 10 percent discount is offered off the lowest available rail fares to and from Chicago, March 3-9, for those traveling to the event. Book through Amtrak at 1-800-USA-RAIL or a travel agent, referencing fare code X79A-978.
A block of rooms at the Holiday Inn/Mart Plaza for the nights of March 5 and 6 at a rate of $139 per night. (must be reserved by Feb. 19). Call 312-836-5000 for reservations and reference the March 6 Amtrak meeting.
Michigan Association of Railroad Passengers