An iconic restaurant in downtown Lansing will be closing its doors for good.
Clara’s Lansing Station employee tells News 10 in Lansing the restaurant will officially close on June 26th.
The restaurant is a restored former train station.
The restaurant has served the downtown Lansing area for decades. According to the restaurants website, “active restaurateurs bought the station in 1978.”
Clara’s other station located in Battle Creek will remain open.
Clara’s is located on 637 East Michigan Ave in Lansing.
We hope you enjoy our new issue. And don’t forget that we like to hear from you. Do you have story ideas? Would you like to write one of your own? Let us know!
June issue includes:
- Candidates being sought for MARP executive committee positions
- May membership meeting notes
- Amtrak offers
— 20% off Fourth of July
— Kids ride free on the Pere Marquette
— Bring your bike along on the Pere Marquette, Blue Water, Capitol, Ltd., Saluki, and others
— Bring your pet along
- SE Michigan Regional Master Transit Plan out for comment and November vote
- Program announced for the 4th Annual Michigan Rail Conference in August
Here’s a PDF version of the newsletter: ontrack_57
Click on the images below to enlarge.
Enjoy Savings on Tuesday, Wednesday
and Thursday Travel
On the Pere Marquette, up to two kids ages 2 – 12 can ride free with each adult rail fare purchased for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday travel between Grand Rapids, MI, and Chicago, IL.
Valid for Sale
Now through August 30, 2016
Valid for Travel
May 31 – August 31, 2016
- Valid for sale May 18 – August 30, 2016.
- Valid for travel May 31 – August 31, 2016.
- Valid for travel on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday only.
- Blackouts apply on all other days.
- Valid for up to two (2) free child rail fares for children ages 2 – 12 when accompanied by a paid regular (full) fare adult.
- The free child and paid adult must travel together on the same itinerary and have tickets issued together.
- Valid for travel on the Pere Marquette.
- Seating is limited; seats may not be available on all trains at all times.
- Fares are subject to availability.
- Not combinable with any other discount offer.
- In addition to the discount restrictions, this offer is also subject to any restrictions, blackouts and refund rules that apply to the type of fare purchased.
- Fares, routes, and schedules are subject to change without notice.
- Once travel has begun, no changes to the itinerary are permitted.
- Other restrictions may apply.
Kids Ride Free on the Pere Marquette https://www.amtrak.com/kids-ride-free-on-the-pere-marquette
Enjoy Savings on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday Travel
Purchase by August 30, 2016 for Travel Through August 31